Print Friendly Recipe
- Louisiana Favorite
- Angela Creighton
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped onions
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green peppers
- 1 lb (.5 kg). shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp (10 ml) minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- pinch cayenne
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped green onion
- cooked rice
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add onions, celery and green pepper.
- Saute until wilted, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add shrimp, garlic and bay leaves.
- Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve flour in water.
- Add to shrimp mixture.
- Season with salt and cayenne.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir in parsley and green onions.
- Cook two minutes more.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- Can also be made with peeled crawfish tails.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.