Print Friendly Recipe
- Scrumptious and delicious chicken thighs in a spicy tomato ginger sauce
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) peanut oil
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). chicken thighs
- coarse salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can peeled tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped (in a food processor or food mill)
- 3 to 4 tbsp (60 ml) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 1 small hot chile pepper, or to taste, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Brown the thighs on both sides. Start with skin side down.
- Season with salt and pepper while browning the second side.
- Drain the chicken on paper towels or brown paper and set aside.
- Drain all fat except about 2 tsp (10 ml) from the pan.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, garlic, chili and sugar, and cook for about 8 minutes over moderately high heat.
- Reduce to a low simmer.
- Return the thighs to the skillet, cover, and braise slowly for about 20 minutes.
- Add the cilantro (to taste) at the very end of the cooking.
- This reheats wonderfully and I think it tastes even better the second day.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.