Print Friendly Recipe
- Angela Creighton
Serves/Makes:1 13 x 9 inch cake
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 20 oz (560 grm). can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). nutmeg
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- Penuche Icing:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) powdered sugar
- Beat eggs and sugar until thick and creamy.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and nuts.
- Mix crushed pineapple into egg-sugar mixture.
- Then stir in flour mixture until well blended.
- Grease a 9 inch x 13 inch baking pan.
- Pour in batter and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Frost with Penuche Icing.
- Melt margarine in saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in milk and again bring to a boil, stirring.
- Turn off heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Then gradually add powdered sugar.
- Beat until right consistency for spreading.
- If necessary, add a tspful or two of hot water while stirring.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.