Print Friendly Recipe
- A delicious alternative to plain old pumpkin pie!
- Joyce Anderson
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) mince meat (I use commercial canned type that does not contain meat - only apples, raisin and nuts)
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) pumpkin (I used canned but you can used fresh, cooked and mashed pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- Preheat oven t 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Prepare pastry for 8 inch crust pie.
- Fill pastry lined pan with mince meat.
- Beat remaining ingredients with rotary beater.
- Pour over mince meat in pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven.
- Serve slightly warm or cool, but not cold (regrigerated) with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- This has been a family favorite for years. Even those who've been
skeptical because they think they don't like mincemeat love this.
It's always the first to go at our house.
You can adjust the spices to your tastes. We usually use more than
called for in this recipe.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.