Print Friendly Recipe
- Very Addictive
- William Bohannon
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). 1 1/2 inch thick top sirloin
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) Teriyaki Marinade from scratch
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) white sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) granulated garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) oyster sauce
- dash of sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) water or wine
- scant pinch of ground red pepper, optional
- Prepare Marinade:
- Place sugar, garlic, garlic powder, and ginger into glass bowl.
- Mash/grind into a paste with the bottom of a heavy glass.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, water/wine, and red pepper; stir.
- Add meat to large glass bowl; cover with marinade.
- Pierce 25 times on each side with large round object (I use the chopsticks for this)pushing the marinade into the holes for most tender result.
- Let the meat marinade while you prepare the grill.
- Light the charcoal and wait 15 minutes.
- Shake the grill to spread out the charcoal a little; throw on dry mequite smoking chips.
- Place meat on the grill 2 inches above charcoal.
- Cook to desired doneness, best Medium-Rare but still tender and juicy even if well-done.
- Serve immediately.
- Favorite family cook out recipe. Also good on other meats.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.