Print Friendly Recipe
- Best Tasting Recipe for Venison Roast
- William Bohannon
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg). venison hind-quarter roast
- 2 liter Coca-Cola
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) instant meat tenderizer
- 1 cup (225 ml) Mesquite-Lime Marinade
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mesquite Lime Marinade:
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Italian viniagrette salad dressing
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) mesquite flavor Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water or wine
- Prepare marinade: place all ingredients in bowl and stir.
- Pat venison roast dry with towel.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In large stock pot brown/sear roast in vegetable oil.
- Cover roast with Coca-Cola.
- Add meat tenderizer.
- Cover and simmer on low heat until falling apart tender (several hours).
- More Coca-Cola can be added as necessary.
- When roast is done remove from residual stock/cola.
- Add mesquite-lime marinade to pot and bring to a boil.
- Pull apart roast into serving pieces.
- Spoon cooking sauce over the pulled venison.
- Cover and keep warm.
- This method removes all wild gamey taste. The Marinade is sold
in most grocery stores. Recipe for marinade has not been tested.
I use the store bought kind.
This recipe should also work in a crock pot or pressure cooker.
Adjust time as needed.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.