Print Friendly Recipe
- Angie J
Serves/Makes:6 generous servings
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cumin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sweetened cocoa mix
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can plum tomatoes, cut up
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can pintos, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (475 ml) corn
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cilantro
- warmed flour tortillas
- Cook ground beef until done. Drain.
- Add onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, cocoa, oregano, salt, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, pintos, corn, raisins, red wind vinegar, and bring to full boil.
- Cook ten minutes then add pumpkin seeds and cilantro.
- Serve with warmed flour tortillas.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.