Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Fresh Red Snapper fillet
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). catfish nuggets or fillet
- 7 cups (1650 ml) chicken stock
- 1 medium white onion quartered
- 1 stalk of celery whole
- 3 carrots peeled and split
- 1 small can favorite tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- salt and black/red pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Put catfish nugget, onion, celery, and carrots into casserole dish.
- Using a spoon, dab a thick layer of tomato paste on everything in the dish.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Remove from oven, and transfer contents to soup pot.
- Cover with chicken stock.
- Add garlic, and bay leaf.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Discard all veggies and catfish for an elegant soup or leave it in for a stew.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add Red Snapper fillet (skin removed)and wine.
- Simmer slowly for 10-15 minutes. DO NOT STIR.
- Skim any white or gray foam as it arises.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Just prior to serving break the snapper into bite size pieces while in the pot.
- Serve/garnish as desired.
- Some people leave the skin on until it is time to serve then remove the
skin in one big piece before cutting the fish into bite size pieces.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.