Print Friendly Recipe
- William Bohannon
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). English cut beef roast or stew meat
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 8 chunks
- 3 brown Idaho baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) corn oil
- 1 qt. water
- 2 beef boullion cubes
- 1 tsp (5 ml). garlic powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked rice, optional
- Cut roast into 1 inch chunks.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker (lid removed).
- Brown beef in oil on all sides.
- Season with salt, pepper, boullion cubes, and garlic powder.
- Add the celery and stir.
- Layer on the onion.
- Layer on the potato.
- Add the carrot to the last layer.
- Pour in the water and bring to a boil.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker.
- When steam is 6 inches above the valve place the weight on the valve.
- Reduce heat to Med-Med/High.
- Cook for 30 min.
- Remove pressure by running cold water over lid.
- Remove the lid and place back on stove.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce gently.
- Thicken if desired and serve over rice.
- A recipe for the working Mom.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.