Print Friendly Recipe
- Japanese Chicken Strips Fried
- Japanese Cooking - Shizuo Tsuji
- 2 chicken breasts fillets (fresh,skinless)
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) kuzu starch (substitute corn starch)
- purified vegetable oil for frying
- garnishes-green onion flutes
- spicy soy sauce
- plum vinegar
- peanut mustard
- Spicy Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) quality Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) wasabi paste
- Plum Vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) plum jam
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) rice wine vinegar
- Peanut Mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) peanut butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) apple jelly
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dry mustard
- Mix each sauce.
- Cut chicken breast fillets into 4 strips each.
- Dredge/sprinkle in starch.
- Let stand 10 min while oil is heating.
- Heat Oil to 320 degrees (150 C.) F.
- Fry strips 4 at a time.
- Raise temperature of oil to 340 degrees (175 C.) F. after adding the chicken.
- Fry 3 min while turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with garnish and dipping sauces on the side.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.