Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 Whole baking potatoes (baked and cooled)
- oil for deep frying
- garlic butter (optional)
- toppings (ie. cheese, smoked ham or turkey, green onion tops, bacon, black olives, etc.)
- After baking potatoes and allowing them to cool, scoop out inside, leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch of potato still on skin.
- Heat 4 - 5 inches of oil in deep fryer (400 degrees) and fry potato skins until golden brown and floating.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Arrange skins on oven safe plate or platter.
- Drizzle with garlic butter and sprinkle with parmesan. (For plain skins)
- Serve with sour cream.
- For other toppings, omit butter and parmesan.
- Top with other toppings and place in 375 degree (200 C.) oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream (or salsa)
- The secret at the restaurant where I worked was to refrigerate the unused baked potatoes and use then the next day.
They are easier to "peel" when cold and they soak up less oil when deep frying.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.