Print Friendly Recipe
- Chocolate cake with cola.
- Angela Creighton
Serves/Makes:1 9x13 inch cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cocoa
- 1 cup (225 ml) cola drink
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) white sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) miniature marshmallows
- Heat to boiling the butter, cocoa and cola.
- Remove from heat and add flour, sugar, baking soda and mix gently.
- Stir in buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and marshmallows.
- Pour into greased 13 inch x 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 35 minutes.
- While still hot, frost with Coca Cola Frosting (recipe follows).
- Coca Cola Frosting:
- Combine 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine, 2 tbsp (30 ml) cocoa and 6 tbsp (90 ml) coca-cola in saucepan.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 4 cups (950 ml) confectioners' sugar and mix well.
- Mix in chopped nuts, if desired.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.