Print Friendly Recipe
- Creamy Fruit and Nut Pie
- Great Pies & Tarts - Carole Walter
- 1 9 inch Flaky Pie Pastry prebaked
- 10 ounce jar Raffetto "Nesselro" fruit topping
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dark rum
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine (2.25 tsp)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) heavy cream well chilled
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 2 large eggs separated
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 ounce of semisweet chocolate shaved
- Drain the syrup from the fruit topping and save for another use.
- Mix water, rum, and gelatine in small glass bowl to soften.
- Heat the bowl gently if necessary to completely dissolve the gelatine.
- Scald the cream and milk together in small saucepan.
- Beat/whisk egg yolks in small bowl and gradually add 2 Tbs (30 ml) of sugar till thick.
- Stir in the scalded cream.
- Place on double boiler until thickened like heavy cream 8-10 min.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK OR IT WILL CURDLE!
- Remove from heat add gelatine mix and stir.
- Transfer to bowl and place over ice water bath to rapid cool.
- Beat egg whites to a soft merengue with remaining sugar.
- 1/4 Fold of merengue into custard to lighten.
- Add well drained fruit.
- Fold in remaining merengue.
- Chill the Nesselrode mousse for several min before assembling.
- Pile the filling into the crust and swirl with back of spoon.
- Chill 4 hours.
- Top with chocolate shavings.
- Raffeto "Nesselro" fruit filling is distributed by Romanoff International Inc. of Charlotte North Carolina. Also available in Italian markets and specialty stores.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.