Print Friendly Recipe
- Chicken with spaghetti
- Laura Desantis
- 1 whole chicken
- 8 cups (1900 ml) of water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut up
- 2 stalks of celery, cut up
- 3 chicken boullion cubes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml) marjoram
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) crushed garlic
- 1 lb (.5 kg). spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1 smalll can sliced black olives
- 1 small can mushroom pieces (with juice)
- generous dash of Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil chicken in 8 cups (1900 ml) of water with onion, carrots, celery, boullion cubes, garlic powder, oregano, marjorm, salt and pepper.
- After chicken in done, remove from broth and let cool, then debone.
- Strain broth, put vegetables aside.
- Put strained broth back in large pot.
- Add garlic and tomatoes to the broth and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add spaghetti and boil for 12 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except for cheese and mix.
- Put into a large roasting pan, sprinkle with cheese on top then take a fork and gently stir cheese into spaghetti.
- Heat in the 350 degree (175 C.) oven until hot.
- Freezes well or can be kept in refrigerator for several days before heating in oven.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.