Print Friendly Recipe
- Rick Rodgers, "Ready and Waiting"
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can cream-style corn
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped cooked turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Whisk the creamed corn, eggs, evaporated milk, flour, salt, and pepper into the onion until combined.
- Stir in the chopped turkey.
- Transfer to a lightly buttered 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and slow-cook until knife inserted into the center of the pudding comes out almost clean, 2 1/2 to 3 hours on high or 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Sprinkle the top of the pudding with the cheese.
- Cover and cook until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve directly from the slow cooker.
- Variation: Add 1 fresh hot chile pepper (such as jalapeno), seeded and minced, and 2 garlic cloves, minced, to the cooked onions and cook 1 minute longer, stirring often.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.