Print Friendly Recipe
- Excellent stew with a twist.
- Carol Kelley
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg) beef stew meat
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried thyme
- 3 cups (700 ml) V8 juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) instant beef bouillon granules
- few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) celery
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) of carrots
- In a plastic bag combine flour and 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Add meat cubes a few at a time shaking to coat.
- Brown meat in hot oil.
- Add onion, garlic, and thyme.
- Stir in V8, bouillon, hot pepper sauce and 1 cup (225 ml) water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 1 1/4 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir in potatoes, celery and carrots.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes or until tender.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.