Print Friendly Recipe
- Cream Puffs made with Tira Misu
- William Bohannon
- Quick Easy Cream Puff Pastry:
- 1 Can Croissant Dough
- Malted Milk flavored powder
- Tira Misu Cream:
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Egg white
- 3 Tbs (45 ml) Sugar
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) Marsala Wine
- 1/4 Cup (60 ml) Strong Coffee or 3 Tbs (45 ml) Kahluah
- 8 oz (224 grm). Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) cream
- dash of vanilla extract or flavored liquere
- Cream Puff Pastry:
- Preheat the oven as instructed on the can of croissants.
- Open the croissants and remove the dough.
- Flour your work surface and sprinkle in some malted milk powder.
- Roll the cold dough into a ball with your hands.
- Roll the dough out to a 9 inch circle on the floured surface.
- Fold in half twice to make a wedge.
- Roll it out to a 9 inch circle again.
- Cut the dough in half.
- Roll each half into a long log shape about 1/2 inch diameter.
- Spiral wind a 3-4 inch circle of dough starting on the inside on a baking sheet.
- Keep winding back to the center to make a little cone shape.
- Use all the dough to make several spiral cones.
- Bake according to the instruction on the can.
- Tira Misu Cream:
- Whisk the Egg Yolks, Sugar, Marsala wine, and Mascarpone cheese to combine.
- Whip the cream (or use premade whipped cream).
- Whip the egg white into a soft meringue.
- 1/2 Fold of the Meringue into the masacrpone mixture.
- 1/2 Fold the Whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Fold the remaining Whipped cream and Meringue together.
- Cut the cooled puffs open and scoop out any doughy center if remains.
- Brush the bottom of each with a little coffee or Kahluah.
- Fill the bottom half cavity of each with Mascarpone mixture.
- Top with a little of the Whipped Cream Mix.
- Place the top of the puff and press slightly to adhere.
- Arrange in a pile on a nice platter.
- Streak with your favorite chocolate sauce (optional)
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.