Print Friendly Recipe
- Simple and easy to make
- W. Carmichael
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegtable or canola oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Colman's dry Mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- With the machine running, add the egg to the work bowl of a food processor.
- When well mixed, add some of the oil in a VERY thin stream until it begins to thicken.
- Add the salt, paprika, mustard and sugar, followed by the lemon juice. Process briefly.
- Scrape down the work bowl to be sure that everything is well combined. Turn the processer on again and add the rest of the oil until the mayonnaise thickens.
- This mayonnaise works well as the basis for many dips or salad dressings. Herbs can also be added as well as minced garlic, chives or parsley. This was my mother's recipe and she made it in small batches for freshness.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.