Print Friendly Recipe
- William Bohannon
- 6 pieces chicken cut for frying
- 1 cup (225 ml) regular white rice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 1 small can/jar mushrooms drained
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter/margarine
- seasoned salt
- 1 chicken boullion cube
- mixed Italian seasoning
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) water
- Prepare a "Duxelle" by sauteing in butter the onions, mushrooms, and spices till onions are very soft.
- Pour the dry rice into a microwave safe casserole dish.
- Empty all of the "Duxelle" into the rice and stir a little.
- Add the boullion cube.
- Arrange chicken on top closely together and somewhat nested in the rice.
- Add the water.
- Sprinkle a little more seasoning on top.
- Place lid on casserole dish.
- Microwave 20 min on Medium (50%).
- Because some microwaves differ in power more time might be needed to make the rice done. Add 5 min intervals at medhigh 75% until rice and chicken are done.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.