Print Friendly Recipe
- A man named George gave my mother this recipe when he was eating lunch one day while putting in a new furnace over 50 years ago!
- CookieRecipe.com (Esther)
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) molasses
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- 1 (8 oz (224 grm).) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cloves
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda dissolved in 3 tbsp (45 ml) hot water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) sifted all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and the sugar.
- Beat the eggs and mix in.
- Stir in molasses, chopped nuts, fruit cocktail, raisins and vanilla.
- Mix in spices, baking soda and salt.
- Sift the flour and stir in.
- Mix until well blended.
- Drop by tsp on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.