Print Friendly Recipe
- CopyKat Recipes
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) fresh ground beef
- 1 quart (950 ml) tomato juice
- 1 29 oz (812 grm). can tomato puree
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can red beans, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin, to taste
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) each: black pepper, oregano, sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- In a frying pan, brown the ground beef and drain.
- Put the drained beef and the remaining ingredients into a 6 quarts (5675 ml) pot.
- Cover and simmer for 1 to 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.