Print Friendly Recipe
- Home-Style Meats
- Mexican Cookery by Barbara Hansen
Serves/Makes:4 cups shredded meat
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). pork (pork butt or pork loin)
- 1/2 medium onion, cut in half
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried leaf oregano, crushed
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cumin
- salt or garlic salt, to taste
- Place meat in a 3-quart saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, oregano and cumin.
- Add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Drain meat, reserving broth for another use if you wish.
- Place meat in a baking pan.
- Sprinkle meat evenly with salt or garlic salt.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- While still warm, use 2 forks to shred meat.
- Pork cooked this way is used for tacos, burritos, tostadas and sandwiches.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.