Print Friendly Recipe
- Tase of Home Magazine - Patricia Rutherford
- 2-1/3 cups (550 ml) water, divided
- 1 cup (225 ml) quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 5 to 5-3/4 cups (1350 ml) all-purpose flour
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups (475 ml) water to a boil.
- Stir in oats; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute.
- Stir in brown sugar, butter, salt and remaining water.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl; let stand until mixture reaches 100 115 degrees (45 C.).
- Stir in yeast.
- Add 3 cups (700 ml) flour; beat well.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; shape into 24 rolls.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire racks.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.