Print Friendly Recipe
- A simple Good Casserole
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg) hamburger
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- dash pepper
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 16 oz (448 grm) can green beans
- 1 small can mushrooms, drained
- 5 medium potatoes, cooked
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In large skillet, cook meat and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir in drained green beans and mushrooms; pour into greased 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) casserole.
- Mash potatoes while hot, add milk and egg.
- Drop in mounds all over casserole.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 25-30 minutes.
- I have used this recipe for about 25 years. I think I found it in a newspaper food section as a new bride. It is easy and delicous. Kind of a never fail casserole.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.