Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). veal cutlets - wafer thin slices
- 8 small Italian peppers or 4 large peppers (green, red, yellow or orange)-wafer slices
- 2 large onions - sliced
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). cans tomato sauce
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can crushed tomatoes
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) wine
- 6 garlic cloves, whole
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). fresh mushrooms or a few cans of mushrooms
- 1 tsp (5 ml) basil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- garlic powder, to taste
- cooked pasta
- Heat a small amount of oil in large, deep frying pan.
- Put in veal, sprinkle with garlic powder and salt, and brown.
- Put in onions and let brown with pot cover on about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers cook with cover on (italian-1 minute) (big pepper-5 minutes)
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine, mushrooms, garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add a little water if the sauce is too thick.
- Cover and cook on a very low light for 3/4 hour stiring often.
- Serve with pasta.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.