Print Friendly Recipe
- K. Goins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- Beat butter or margarine, sugar, egg and vanilla together until light and creamy.
- Sift flour, soda and salt together.
- Blend dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into a roll about 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill for several hours or overnight.
- To bake, cut chilled dough into 1/8 inch slices.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets, 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees (200 C.) until lightly browned.
- Transfer to wire racks and cool.
- For chocolate refrigerator cookies, blend 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate (melted and cooled) into the creamed mixture before adding dry ingredients.
From "American Home All Purpose Cookbook."
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.