Print Friendly Recipe
- From The Pillbury Family Cookbook
- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:8 dozen cookies
- 2-1/4 Cups (525 ml) Sifted All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). Salt
- 2/3 Cup (150 ml) Butter or Margarine
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) Sugar
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup (175 ml) Finely Chopped Pecans
- Sift Flour with baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter in mixing bowl.
- Gradually add sugars.
- Cream until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Beat well.
- Blend in sifted dry ingredients gradually.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Divide dough in half.
- Place on waxed paper and shape into rolls 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in waxed paper.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Cut into 1/8 inch slices.
- Place on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden brown.
- Tip: 1/3 cup (80 ml) shortening may be substituted for 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter
- Add 1 Tbs (15 ml). grated orange or lemon rind with nuts.
- Sift 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon, 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg and 1/2 ground cloves with dry ingredients.
- Omit nuts and blend in 1 cup (225 ml) packaged grated coconut with sifted dry ingredients.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.