Print Friendly Recipe
- fried dough with cinnamon/sugar sprinkled on top
- K. Goins
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) shortening
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar mixed with 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon for topping
- Heat but do not boil milk, sugar, salt and shortening until shortening is melted.
- Cool until lukewarm.
- Add yeast and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in flour 2 cups (475 ml) at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Put in greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
- Let rise until doubled (about 30 minutes).
- Dust hands with flour and pinch off pieces of dough about the size of a golf ball.
- Stretch each ball into a thin 6 inch to 8 inch circle.
- Fry one at a time in 350 degree (175 C.) oil.
- Turn and fry other side until light brown.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- This recipe was found in the Daily Journal (Franklin, Indiana) as part of
a group of "County Fair Recipes" including Funnel Cakes, Pronto Pups,
Lemonade Shake-ups, and Italian Sausage.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.