Print Friendly Recipe
- Cajun Creole Cooking by Terry Thompson
- 10 oz (280 grm) frozen chopped spinach
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) minced Italian flat leaf parsley
- 6 green onions
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fine minced green bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried leaf marjoram
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried leaf basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried ground cayenne red pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Herbsaint or Pernod
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whipping cream
- rock salt
- 24 shucked fresh oysters
- 24 well scrubbed oyster shells
- Press thawed spinach until very dry and set aside.
- Saute spinach, water cress, parsley, green onions,and bell pepper in butter until slightly wilted.
- Add black pepper, marjoram, basil, cayenne, salt, Pernod, and whipping cream.
- Cook until thick and creamy adding more cream if too thick.
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C).
- Line a large pan with rock salt.
- Pat each oyster dry with paper towell.
- Place one oyster in each shell.
- Nest shells into rock salt.
- Top each with spinach mixture evenly.
- Bake 10 to 15 min.
- Parmesan cheese on top is good. Could also be 4 light enterees instead of 6 appetizers.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.