Print Friendly Recipe
- Patty Johnson
- 6 cups (1425 ml) fresh whole spinach
- 1 small onion, minced
- dash of garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 strips thick cut bacon
- 32 large fresh oysters, in shell
- rock salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, melted
- 1-1/2 ounces pale dry sherry
- pimentos, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- Cook spinach in small amount of water with onion, garlic salt and pepper until wilted.
- Fry bacon until very crisp and brown.
- Open oysters and leave on half shell.
- Cut oysters loose, but leave on half shell.
- Fill 4 sizzling platters with rock salt.
- Place 8 oysters in half shell on each platter on top of rock salt.
- Mix butter with sherry and brush evenly on each oyster.
- Cover oysters with spinach and top with bacon (chopped) and pimentos.
- Place in 350 degree (175 C.) f. oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and place under broiler 1 minute.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Note: When buying oysters in the shell, make sure the oysters are alive, with the shells tightly closed. If the shell is slightly open, tap it. If the oyster is alive, the shell will close quickly.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.