Print Friendly Recipe
- Manal Saleh
- 3 cups (700 ml) coarse semolina
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1 tea spoon cinnamon, optional
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 5 ounces butter
- plain yougert to brush the top
- almonds, halved
- suger suyrup:
- 4 cups (950 ml) suger
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- few drops of lemon juice
- Make syrup by dissolving sugar comletely in water in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then add lemon juice and let it thicken a little bit.
- Cool comletely before use. (Make it a day ahead)
- Mix sugar and milk.
- Mix semolina, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add milk mixure.
- Melt butter and add to the mixure.
- Brush the baking pan with butter and add mixure.
- Let rest for two hours.
- With a knife cut it in diamond shape, put half an almond in the center of each one.
- Brush the top generously with yogurt.(Helps in getting nice golden color
- Heat oven to 475 degrees (250 C.) F. and bake till top has golden color.
- Immediately pour sugar syrup over so it will absorb it. It may look that the syrup is too much but it will absorb it. Enjoy!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.