Print Friendly Recipe
- William Boahnnnon
- 10 oz (280 grm) beef or chicken liver chunks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 6 slices of American bacon
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- salt, pepper, cayenne, trace of garlic to taste
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock or bouillon
- splash of milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter or margarine
- 2 servings cooked white rice
- Prepare 2 large servings of your favorite white rice and keep warm.
- In skillet fry bacon lardons crisp.
- Remove bacon and drain.
- Bread the liver pieces in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Fry the liver pieces in the bacon drippings.
- Remove the liver pieces and drain.
- Add 4 tbsp (60 ml). flour to the drippings and brown to make a peanut butter colored roux.
- Add the stock all at once and thicken to a gravy.
- Reduce heat add bacon and liver back to the pan.
- Season with cayenne and a trace of garlic.
- Cover and cook on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Check for salt add a little more, a splash of milk, and the butter.
- When thick and tasty serve over the rice.
- Control of the salt is a critical flavor of this dish.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.