Print Friendly Recipe
- Creamy cheesey soup flavored with rotel & jalapenos
- Joan Imes
Serves/Makes:16 (8-oz) servings
- 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) chicken stock or canned chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) white or black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, mixed
- 1 pint half & half
- 2 tsps diced jalapenos
- 1 10-oz can Rotel tomatoes with chilies
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked, diced chicken meat (optional)
- flour tortillas or nacho type chips
- Combine 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) chicken stock and 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper and bring to a boil.
- Melt butter. Stir in flour. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and thickened.
- Stir roux into chicken stock. (If the stock/roux mix seems to be lumpy, pour small amounts into blender and blend until smooth and put back into pan.)
- Add cheeses to stock and stir until melted.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT TORTILLAS to stock and heat.
- Sprinkle with flour tortillas that have been deep fried OR nacho type chips
- Garnish with a dollop of guacamole and mixed cheese - (optional)
- This soup is very yummy. The Full Moon Cafe located in Tulsa, OK is famous for it.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.