Print Friendly Recipe
- 3 cups (700 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) slat
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) very warm (125 deg F.) water
- 1 egg white lightly beaten with 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- coarse salt
- Place 1 cup (225 ml) flour, sugar, salt and yeast in large electric mixer bowl.
- Add oil and gradually stir in water.
- Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour and beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Continue adding remaining flour to make soft dough-if you don't have a heavy duty mixer, mix by hand with a heavy wooden spoon.
- Turn out onto a well floured and kneed several minutes.
- Work dough into a smooth ball then shape into a log.
- Cut log into approximately 20 equal sized pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 12 to 16 inch rope.
- Arrange 1 inch apart on oiled baking sheet (roll to cover with oil).
- Cover and let rise in warm place for 15-20 minutes.
- Glaze with egg white mix and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake at 325 deg F. over for 25 -30 minutes or until browned.
- Great with pasta dishes. Yum!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.