Print Friendly Recipe
- Carol Welte
Serves/Makes:4 - 6
- 6 cups (1425 ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) whole allspice, tied in cheesecloth
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves peeled garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely diced onion
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely diced celery
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely diced carrot
- 2 cups (475 ml) peeled finely diced potatoes
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1" squares 1/4" thick
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced fresh mint
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced fresh cilantro
- In 4 qt. saucepan, bring chicken stock, allspice & pepper flakes to boil.
- Cover, simmer over low heat for 10 min.
- Add garlic, onion, celery, carrots & potatoes & simmer, covered, for 30 min.
- Add chicken & cook for 3-4 min., uncovered or till chicken is cooked.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Discard allspice tied in cheesecloth.
- Remove saucepan from heat & add lime juice, mint & cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
- This is a recipe from the Seagrapes Restaurant, Nassau, Bahamas.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.