Print Friendly Recipe
- Artichokes with spicy shrimp stuffing
- William Bohannon
- 4 artichokes stemmed and trimmed (tips cut off leaves)
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1 can small baby shrimp
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) ice box garlic (chopped garlic sold in a glass jar)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sweet butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cayenne
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) marjarom
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Italian bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic butter
- blackened seasoning, dry rub, or essence
- lemon wedges
- Boil the artichokes in lightly salted water with lemon till tender.
- Heat milk, butter, garlic, shrimp (with juice), and spices.
- Add bread crumbs to the milk mixture to bind into a spoonable stuffing.
- Set stuffing aside.
- Drain artichokes.
- Remove inner leaves and "choke"(the thistles and fibers) with spoon to make room for the stuffing.
- Place stuffing mound in each artichoke.
- Arrange upright in cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- Drizzle with garlic butter.
- Sprinkle generously with blackened seasoning.
- Broil 5 minutes to brown top.
- Serve with more garlic butter, if necessary.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.