Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:Makes about 12 servings.
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 1/4 stick and 1 tbsp (15 ml) margarine or butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) all purpose flour
- 6 lg eggs
- 1 pkg (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate pieces (includes 1/2 cup (125 ml) for glaze)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 2 cups (475 ml) heavy or whipping cream
- *CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 pt strawberries
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) milk
- In 2 quarts (1900 ml) pan over medium heat, heat salt, 1/2 cup (125 ml) (1 stick) butter,
- and 1 cup (225 ml) water until butter melts and mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and vigorously stir in flour all at once until mixture forms a ball and leaves sides of pan.
- Add 4 eggs to mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition, until mixture is smooth and satiny.
- Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Lightly grease and flour large cookie sheet, using a 7 inch plate as guide, trace a circle in flour on cookie sheet.
- Drop batter by heaping tbsp into 12 mounds, inside circle, to form
- a ring.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden.
- Turn off oven; let ring remain
- in oven 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool on cookie sheet on wire rack.
- Mousse Filling:
- In heavy 3 quarts (2850 ml) pan over low heat, heat 3/4 package (1 1/2 cups) chocolate pieces (keep remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) for glaze) with milk, and 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter (1/4 stick), stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Add 2 eggs, one at a time, stirring mixture constantly with wire whisk. Continue stirring, about 5 minutes, until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and let cool at room temperature, about 1 hour.
- When mixture is cool, in large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy or whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in to chocolate mixture, half at a time, until blended.
- With long serrated knife, cut cooled ring horizontally in half.
- Spoon chocolate mousse into bottom of ring, replace top and refrigerate. Prepare chocolate glaze, spoon over ring and garnish center with strawberries.
- Chocolate Glaze:
- In 1 quart (950 ml) pan over low heat, heat the 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate pieces with 1
- tablespoon butter, 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) milk and 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) light corn
- syrup until smooth, stirring constantly. Drizzle over the crust.
|Email This To A Friend