Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:Makes about 12 servings.
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 1/4 stick and 1 tbsp (15 ml) margarine or butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) all purpose flour
- 6 lg eggs
- 1 pkg (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate pieces (includes 1/2 cup (125 ml) for glaze)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 2 cups (475 ml) heavy or whipping cream
- *CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 pt strawberries
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) milk
- In 2 quarts (1900 ml) pan over medium heat, heat salt, 1/2 cup (125 ml) (1 stick) butter,
- and 1 cup (225 ml) water until butter melts and mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and vigorously stir in flour all at once until mixture forms a ball and leaves sides of pan.
- Add 4 eggs to mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition, until mixture is smooth and satiny.
- Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Lightly grease and flour large cookie sheet, using a 7 inch plate as guide, trace a circle in flour on cookie sheet.
- Drop batter by heaping tbsp into 12 mounds, inside circle, to form
- a ring.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden.
- Turn off oven; let ring remain
- in oven 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool on cookie sheet on wire rack.
- Mousse Filling:
- In heavy 3 quarts (2850 ml) pan over low heat, heat 3/4 package (1 1/2 cups) chocolate pieces (keep remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) for glaze) with milk, and 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter (1/4 stick), stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Add 2 eggs, one at a time, stirring mixture constantly with wire whisk. Continue stirring, about 5 minutes, until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and let cool at room temperature, about 1 hour.
- When mixture is cool, in large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy or whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in to chocolate mixture, half at a time, until blended.
- With long serrated knife, cut cooled ring horizontally in half.
- Spoon chocolate mousse into bottom of ring, replace top and refrigerate. Prepare chocolate glaze, spoon over ring and garnish center with strawberries.
- Chocolate Glaze:
- In 1 quart (950 ml) pan over low heat, heat the 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate pieces with 1
- tablespoon butter, 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) milk and 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) light corn
- syrup until smooth, stirring constantly. Drizzle over the crust.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.