Print Friendly Recipe
- 6 lg tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated carrots
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted butter
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 pkg (8 oz (224 grm).) frozen king crab, flaked
- 1 cup (225 ml) lobster, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dry sherry
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- parsley for garnish
- Cut 1/2-inch from stem end of tomato.
- Scoop out pulp leaving a firm 1/4-inch shell. Reserve pulp.
- Place tomatoes upside down on a paper towel to drain.
- Saute peppers, carrots and onion in melted butter in a large skillet for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add the reserved pulp and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Stir in shrimp, crabmeat, lobster, parsley and sherry.
- Spoon into the tomato cups and arrange in a greased shallow baking dish.
- Mix bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over top of tomatoes.
- Bake in a 375 degree (200 C.) F. oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with a sprig of fresh parsley and serve.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.