Print Friendly Recipe
- spicy and creamy chicken usually cooked in a tandoor (but this dish can also be baked/grilled)
- Rochelle Gonsalves
- 1-1/4 lbs (.6 kg). chicken pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cream
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) black peppercorns
- 1 or more green chilies (hot ones)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cardamom
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) red chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cloves
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) ginger
- 6 flakes garlic
- pinch of orange-red food colour (optional)
- salt, to taste
- lemon juice
- chopped coriander leaves (optional)
- Make a few slits over the chicken pieces so that the marinade is able to penetrate well.
- Grind the remaining ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Rub this paste over the chicken pieces and keep aside for 1 to 2 hours.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to an oven-proof dish, and bake in a 375 degrees (200 C.) oven for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Baste with butter in between.
- Serve hot, sprinkling little lemon juice over the chicken.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves (optional).
- After putting the chicken pieces in to bake, if you realize that you have some marinade left, don't throw it away.
- Peel and parboil some potatoes and then dice them.
- Mix these dices with the left-over marinade and deep-fry in hot oil till crisp.
- Serve with the Tandoori chicken.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.