Print Friendly Recipe
- Spicy mince with potatoes
- Rochelle Gonsalves
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1-1/4 lbs (.6 kg). beef mince
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped garlic
- 4 medium potatoes (diced)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) red chilli powder
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum, diced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) caraway seeds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garam masala powder (powder of equal quantities of cloves, cardamom and cinnamon)
- 1/2 black pepper powder or to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, and add caraway seeds.
- After a few seconds, add onions and fry them until they turn light brown.
- Then add garlic and fry until aromatic.
- Add mince and fry for 5 minutes.
- Then add potatoes and salt, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, red chili powder, garam masala powder and green capsicum; and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer until mince and potatoes are cooked, and the mixture is almost dry.
- Sprinkle fresh coriander leaves, mix well and serve hot.
- For added taste, you could add shelled green peas and/or shredded carrots.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.