Print Friendly Recipe
- Goan-style chicken with coconut
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). chicken (cut into pieces)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 slit green chillies
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) oil
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Grind to a smooth paste:
- 1 cup (225 ml) freshly grated coconut
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) red chilli powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) turmeric powder
- Serve over:
- hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and fry until transparent.
- Then add green chillies and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and salt, and cook until they are soft and mushy.
- Next, add the ground paste and saute well until oil separates from the mixture.
- Add enough water to make a thick gravy, and bring to boil.
- Then add the chicken pieces, stock cubes and salt, and cover and simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with steamed or boiled rice.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.