Print Friendly Recipe
- Cream of chicken soup in the manner of the Queen
- William Bohannon
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken stock or bouillon
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mild fine chopped onions
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fine chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted butter
- 2 steamed chicken breast fillet finely pureed/processor
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) strained heavy cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh whipped cream (without or with very little sugar or vanilla)
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Prepare a blond roux with the melted butter and the flour.
- Sweat the onions and celery in a little butter till very tender.
- Heat the stock.
- Puree the celery and onions in the blender with enough stock for processing.
- Heat the celery, onions, and stock and add roux to thicken.
- Add pureed cooked chicken meat to soup.
- Add the strained cream, reheat to 175 F.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladel into bowls garnish with cold whipped cream.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.