Print Friendly Recipe
- Virginia M. Hood
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cocoa
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) rinsed-drained-chopped sauerkraut
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) whipping cream
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) instant coffee
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cocoa
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
- Cream butter, l 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in flour, alternately with water.
- Stir in sauerkraut.
- Pour in 8" pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes.
- MOCHA CREAM ICING:
- Whip 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) whipping cream with 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar, instant coffee and cocoa until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cake when cool.
- Got this recipe out of a newspaper, a friend dared me to try it. Quite
good. Can use cool whip instead of whipping cream, works well.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.