Print Friendly Recipe
- Large pasta tubes stuffed with a meat and cheese mixture
- Mrs. Tim Clausing
- 1 pkg. large manicotti or jumbo shells
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground chicken
- 1 lb (.5 kg). italian sausage
- 1 sm. container Ricotta cheese
- 12 oz (336 grm). mozzerella cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) parmesan cheese
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) alfredo sauce
- 1 package refrigerator biscuits or cresent rolls. (for parmesan knots)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oil
- Mix ground chicken (raw), italian sausage (raw), ricotta cheese, half the mozzerella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- (NOTE: extra mixture can be frozen for future use.)
- Stuff the uncooked manicotti with this mixture.
- I use a sandwich bag with the corner cut off, or just use your fingers.
- Place the stuffed manicotti in a 9 inch x 12 inch baking dish.
- Pour the water in the bottom of the pan.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over the top.
- Pour alfredo sauce in a straight line across the manicotti.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) F. for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle on the rest of the mozzerella cheese and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with parmesan knots. (See below)
- Parmesan knots:
- Roll refrigerator dough between your hands to form a rope about 5 inches long.
- Type the rope into a knot.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Mix Parmesan cheese, garlic salt and oil.
- Spread mixture generously onto each knot.
- Bake according to package directions.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.