Print Friendly Recipe
- Mary Sparks (My grandmother)
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 4 tsp (20 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 2 eggs
- scant 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream
- egg white
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Work in butter.
- Add 2 eggs and stir in a little less than 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream.
- Roll out thick on floured board and cut.
- Brush with egg white.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Can add cut up dates, raisins, nuts or whatever you want.
- Bake in fast oven.
- Another of the recipies my grandmother brought with her from England.
Always one of my favorits.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.