Print Friendly Recipe
- Sally Thompson
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). lean boneless rib of beef, topside or sirloin joint
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) clear honey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried chilies
- 1 large or 2 small eating apples,thinly sliced,
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Weigh roast and calculate cooking time.
- Place on a rack in a roasting pan and roast uncovered in preheated oven.
- 20 minutes before the end of cooking time remove from the oven brush with honey and sprinkle over the chilies.
- Return to the oven for the remaining cooking time.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the chutney in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 - 15 minutes until most of the liquid evaporates and has a "chutney" consistancy.
- Serve meat with chutney, roasted baby potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and onion.
Alternatively, serve the chutney cold as a relish with beef salad or sandwiches.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.