Print Friendly Recipe
- finely chopped relish used as spread for sandwiches
- Mel's Kitchen
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 clove garlic large (or 2 med)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pimento stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ripe olives
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) giardiniera (pickled mixed vegetables)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- Whir anchovy, garlic and oil in food processor until well blended.
- Place in a 1 quart (950 ml) glass bowl.
- Process green and black olives until chopped very fine.
- Process vegetables seperately until chopped very fine.
- Add processed olives and vegetables to oil mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours, stirring 2 or 3 times.
- If you don't have a food processor this can be done by hand.
This stuff keeps for several days in the fridge.
My family loves it on sandwiches made with crusty french rolls, proscutti or ham, hard salami and provolone.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.