Print Friendly Recipe
- Virginia Hood
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) scalded milk
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 3 bananas
- 2 egg whites
- Mix flour and 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar in double boiler, stir in milk.
- Cook until mixture thickens.
- Add egg yolks, place over boiling water and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla, cool.
- Slice bananas into baked pie shell, pour pudding over them.
- Beat egg whites stiff, add 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar, beat until very stiff.
- Spread over pie.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) F. for 8 minutes.
- My mother always made this, an old standby.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.