Print Friendly Recipe
- Italian cream dessert
- Angela Creighton
Serves/Makes:6 to 8 servings
- 2 packages of lady finger cookies
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) of strong coffee
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coffee liqueur
- 9 eggs, separated
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). vanilla
- 1-1/2 pounds of Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) of finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of sweet cocoa powder
- Mix the cold coffee and the liqueur in a large bowl.
- In batches, dip the cookies in the coffee mixture.
- You want them to be moist on the outside but still crunchy inside.
- Beat the egg yolks with 1/2 of the sugar until the mixture is thick enough to form a long ribbon when you lift the beaters.
- Add the Mascarpone and beat for 2 - 3 more minutes. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites, adding the remaining sugar one tbsp at a time, until they form stiff peaks, about four minutes.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the Mascarpone mixture.
- Gently fold the chopped chocolate into the mixture.
- In a 9 x 17 inch glass baking dish, assemble the dessert.
- Layer the bottom of the pan with the soaked cookies.
- Top with a layer of the Mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat the procedure to make one more layer.
- Sift a sprinkling of cocoa powder on top.
- Refrigerate it for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Note: There may be enough of the mixture leftover to make a smaller Tiramisu.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.