Print Friendly Recipe
- Virginia Hood
- 4-4 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 1 pkg yeast
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) melted butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) raisins
- 1 cup (225 ml) confectioners sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) vanilla
- 3 to 4 tsp (20 ml) milk or orange juice
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour and yeast, set aside.
- In saucepan, heat and stir milk, 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar, butter and salt till mixture is warm and butter is almost melted.
- Add to flour mixture along with eggs.
- Beat with electric mixer on low for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- Let rise once.
- Punch down.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface.
- Divide in half.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll each half into a 12 x 8 inch rectangle.
- Brush with melted butter.
- In a small bowl stir 1-1/2 cups (350 ml). sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle onto dough.
- Sprinkle with raisins.
- Roll up, pinch seams to seal.
- Cut into 10 - 12 slices.
- Place slices, in single layers in two greased 9 x 12 cake pans.
- Cover and let rise till nearly dougle.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) F for 20 - 25 minutes.
- ICING: In small bowl stir confectioners sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in enough milk to make a smooth icing.
- Spread over rolls.
- These take time, but are worth it. Enjoy
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.